Ever wanted to create your own website? We’ve got you covered! Whether you want to create your own personal blog, an online store, or a business website – with WordPress, creating your own website is easy as pie. If you know what you’re doing, of course. In this online WordPress training, we’ll guide you through every step of setting up, creating, and maintaining your own WordPress website.
About the training
Before you decide whether the training is right for you, we would like to answer some frequently asked questions.
How many sessions will I have to attend?
The training consists of 4 x 1-hour Zoom sessions. We recommend a fast and stable internet connection.
Are there any appointments?
There are no set dates for the sessions. You can book the dates in advance that fit your schedule.
Can I invite my friends or colleagues?
Sure, if you refer people that are interested in the training as well, they may qualify for a 20% discount.
After this training …
- you know what WordPress is and what it can do for you;
- you’re able to get your own WordPress site up and running;
- you can create a site that fits your likes and needs, by using WordPress settings, plugins, themes, and widgets;
- you’re able to manage your WordPress site once it’s up and running;
- you know how to improve the security of your site so it’s protected against hackers;
- you know everything about WordPress SEO, so people can find your site in the search results!
What topics are covered in this WordPress training?
- Introduction to WordPress What is WordPress? What is the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org? What can you do with WordPress? What does open source mean? In this module, we’ll answer all these questions!
- Getting started with WordPress You’ll learn how to get your own WordPress site up and running, by choosing a hosting company that fits your needs and getting your own domain. After that, we’ll make you a bit more familiar with the WordPress back end. Finally, we’ll teach you how to find out how you want to use WordPress.
- Customizing your site You’ll learn how to customize your site, so it fits your likes and needs. After this module, you’ll know how to use WordPress settings, themes, plugins, and widgets. We’ll also discuss the basics of page builders.
- Creating content with the Elementor Page Builder What is a site without content? Right! In this module, you’ll learn how to add posts and pages to your WordPress site. Also, we’ll show you how to spice up these posts and pages by adding images, videos, and more.
- Structuring your site You’ll learn how to make sure people can find what they need on your site, by organizing your content with menus, categories and tags.
- Managing your WordPress site Your work isn’t done once your site is up and running. That’s why we’ll also teach you how to manage your WordPress site after you’ve set it up, with user roles, updates, and backups.
- WordPress SEO In this module, you’ll learn everything about WordPress SEO, so people can actually find your site in the search engines! We’ll discuss what WordPress does for your site’s SEO out of the box, how a SEO plugin can help you, and what you should do yourself.
This WordPress training is for you if …
- you want to create your own website but you don’t know how to go about this;
- you want to understand every aspect of WordPress so you can make the best use of it;
- you want to maintain, improve and build on that website yourself;
- you want to do all of this without having to pay a lot of money for a company to do it for you;
- you want to learn more about the history, open-source ecosystem, and community of the WordPress world.
There are no reviews yet.